But we have WATER! I know, so has most of the Eastern States of Australia. But unlike our flooded out compatriots, we are welcoming the water which finally gushed from 40 metres below ground, at a rate of 100 litres per minute!
So, promptly a tank was commissioned into use. This 2,000 litre fibreglass tank has been patiently waiting, even surviving gale-force Easterly winds which rolled it all the way to the Western boundary. Much thanks to Richard for the tank-hoisting, tank-connecting and tank-filling!
The bore now provides drinking water to 2 mares in a paddock close by, while the rest of the herd still enjoy the water coming under the road from the neighbours. We have also filled the firefighting unit, which we hope to never need for its actual purpose. So while we wait for rain, it is good to be water-self sufficient to a point. Well, unless we have a power cut!
A little shed for the worker to keep her tools...
and limestone driveways so the Jazz will not get stuck in the sand!
Lastly, BIG NEWS: the "Shire" has finally given approved the building of THE HOUSE.....
Great to see so much progress! Next the house and veggie garden!
ReplyDeleteHey and the tank works! And I can post comments from this 'puter, I must have saved the password that I can't remember from any other 'puter!!
ReplyDelete